Underpinning is the process of strengthening the foundation of an existing building or other structure. Underpinning may be necessary for a variety of reasons:
- The original foundation isn’t strong or stable enough.
- The usage of the structure has changed.
- The properties of the soil supporting the foundation may have changed (possibly through subsidence) or were mischaracterized during design.
- The construction of nearby structures necessitates the excavation of soil supporting existing foundations.
- To increase the depth or load capacity of existing foundations to support the addition of another storey to the building (above or below grade).
- It is more economical, due to land price or otherwise, to work on the present structure’s foundation than to build a new one.
- Earthquake, flood, drought or other natural causes have caused the structure to move, requiring stabilisation of foundation soils and/or footings.
Hard job. Safe and strictly done steps of the project. Quick and reliable service.